#37 - GARDASIL: SHOULD YOU GIVE THIS VACCINE TO YOUR DAUGHTER?
- There are more than 100 types of human papilloma viruses (HPV's) and Gardasil protects against only 4 types but 90% of women naturally clear HPV from their bodies within 2 years, at which point cervical cancer cells return to normal.
- The Centre for Disease Control in the US operates the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). As of MAY 13, 2013, VAERS had received 29,686 reports of adverse events following HPV vaccinations, including 136 deaths (MedAlerts.org), 922 reports of disability, and 550 life threatening events. Some of the events reported included, Bell's Palsy, paralysis, seizures, speech problems, blindness, blood clotting, short term memory loss, miscarriages, and cardiac arrest.
- According to Merck's own research (the manufacturer of the vaccine) - before Gardasil was licensed - if you've been exposed to HPV strains 16 or 18 prior to receiving the vaccine, you could increase your risk of precancerous lesions by 44.6%.
- So take the time to find a doctor who is respectful of your concerns about the medical care of your daughter. Contact me if you need help locating one, or visit www.acnem.org for a list of integrative GP's in your area.
- Be informed before making any decisions about your children's health.