#36 - FATS ARE YOUR FRIEND, TRUE OR FALSE?
- False: Saturated fats increase your risk of heart attacks and heart disease
True: the only dangerous fat is TRANS FAT found in margarine and vegetable oils, and consequently, in chips, fried chicken, doughnuts, pastries, crackers, biscuits
- False: Margarine is a healthy choice spread
True: NO, but organic butter and avocado are
- False: Olive oil is suitable for cooking
True: It's great on salads and for dipping sourdough in, but butter and coconut oil are better whenever heat is involved
- False: A high fat diet causes high cholesterol
True: No, but a high processed white flour and sugar diet certainly will
- False: A low cholesterol diet and cholesterol lowering medications are needed to keep people's cholesterol as low as possible
True: "This kind of treatment is meaningless, costly, and has transformed millions of healthy people into patients" (Dr Uffe Ravnskov, MD, PhD www.ravnskov.nu/cholesterol.htm)
- Time to ditch the processed, white-based flour products, damaged/oxidised/trans fats, and sugar-laden foods and drinks with fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds, legumes, fish, pasture-fed animals, organic eggs, and of course our friendly fats...virgin olive oil, cold-pressed coconut oil, avocado, organic butter.