#13 - FLU VACCINE: NO GOOD EVIDENCE
- A major review of 5,700 studies found there is no good evidence that the flu
vaccine prevents flu in those over 65 years, or in children.
- The frail elderly are of particular concern to doctors, as 90% of flu cases occur in this group. There was NO EVIDENCE that flu vaccines prevent flu infections in this group. (Lancet Infectious Diseases, (1), October, 2011).
- Adequate Vit D levels can protect against the flu in 96% of cases. Additionally, I would suggest practitioner-grade herbal medicines such as Echinacea, Cat's Claw, Sundew, Thuja, as well as Zinc (30mg/day) and Vit C (1000-3000mg/day).
- Naturally, good quality sleep, regular exercise, lots of garlic, turmeric, and onion in the diet, and washing our hands regularly, are all beneficial.
- Winter is on its way - so get yourself protected...naturally!